Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms Business Policies and Procedures Manual

Revised 1-21

For more information contact:
   Risk Management Services


Equipment Damage or Loss

Reporting Losses or Damage

Lost or damaged University- or federally-owned equipment are reported as follows.

Inventoried Equipment Losses
Notify WSU Police

Immediately report the loss of all inventoried equipment to the local police department with jurisdiction. At the Pullman campus, notify the WSU Police; telephone 509-335-8548.

Dispose Asset Request (Workday)

See BPPM 20.50 and the applicable Workday Assets reference guides regarding documenting equipment losses through Dispose Asset requests in Workday.

Insured Equipment Losses and Damages

Most University equipment is not insured. WSU operating budgets assume most losses and damage. If lost or damaged equipment is insured, departmental personnel coordinate the claims procedures through Risk Management Services.

Motor Vehicle Accidents or Losses

See SPPM 7.20.