BPPM Revision Memorandum
May 23, 2000
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number One Hundred Sixty-Two
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Till Cash Funds 30.51
Departments maintaining till cash funds must respond promptly to periodic confirmation memorandums from the Controller’s Office.
Fiscal Year-End Expenditure Deadlines 70.04
The title of this section is changed from Expenditure Deadlines for State-Appropriated Monies.
The Budget Office and the Controller’s Office are making the following changes to this section:
- New information concerning spending limits and carry forward.
- Departments are directed to the Controller’s fiscal year-end memorandum for documentation filing deadlines.
- Departments are reminded to comply with the bid process for purchases over $2,500.
- Administrators are reminded that negative carry forwards are not permitted.
Freight Discount Contracts 80.28
This new section provides procedures for getting shipping cost discounts by using WSU’s preferred freight carriers.
Telephone Charges Detail and Summary Reports 80.42
The name of this section is changed from Telephone Usage Report. Information Technology is updating the procedures for reviewing the monthly billing reports for telephone and Ethernet usage.
All-University Records Retention Schedules:
The State Records Committee has established or revised the retention periods for the following records series:
Administrative–Executive Level Records (Dean and above) 90.01.10-11
- Official Appointment Records
- Quality Improvement Documentation
Administrative–General Office Records 90.01.12-14
- Calendars, Appointment Books, Routine Telephone Logs
- Complaints, Policy or Procedural
- Minutes and Files of General Office Meetings
- Minutes and Files of Policy-Setting Meetings
Information Services Records 90.01.20-24
Year 2000 Project Files
Payroll/Personnel Records Used Campus-Wide 90.01.28-33
- Employee Recognition/Appreciation Ceremonies or Awards
- Employee Recruitment Files
- Notice of Vacancy/Certification of Eligibles
Purchasing Forms Used Campus-Wide 90.01.36-37
NOTE: Description update only for the Vendor Payment File record series.
State Travel Charge Card 95.03
The new state contract is reflected in revisions to this section.
Managing Central Travel Accounts 95.04
The name of this section is changed from Managing Business Travel Accounts.
The Travel Division is revising this section to reflect the new state contract with First USA Financial Services. The department logs expenditures on the CTA Log Sheet and reconciles transactions using an online web application.
The BTA Application is discontinued. To request a Central Travel Account, contact the Travel Division to access the online CTA Application.
Travel Authority 95.05
The Travel Division is making the following changes:
- This revision provides clarification regarding when written approval is not required.
- The provision for blanket authorities is removed. TAs are no longer required for those circumstances previously permitted under blankets.
- The minimum amount that may be requested for a Travel Advance is raised from $80 to $85.