BPPM Revision Memorandum
August 16, 2001
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number One Hundred Ninety-Two
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Payment Upon Separation of Employment 55.49
This revision includes several requested changes:
- Overtime-eligible faculty and administrative/professional employees, as well as classified staff, are eligible for compensatory time.
- Human Resource Services enters leave hours on Personnel Action Forms for terminating employees after the leave record audit.
- Separating employees may change addresses using the web application; a link is included.
- The retirement date for an academic-year faculty member is December 31 or May 15.
- Information concerning the VEBA MEP post-retirement tax-free medical expense reimbursement program is added.
Tuition Waivers–Fall and Spring Semesters 60.70
The Registrar’s Office has made the following changes to this section:
- At all campuses except WSU Vancouver, an employee obtains the instructor’s signature on the Tuition Fee Waiver form to audit a class, to enter an impacted class, or to enter a class after the fifth day of instruction.
- The Permit to Audit Lecture Course Card has been discontinued for all campuses except WSU Vancouver.
- An employee may not obtain the instructor’s signature until the first day of instruction.
- The Registrar’s Office will not accept Tuition Fee Waiver Requests until the first day of instruction.