BPPM Revision Memorandum
June 25, 2002
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Two Hundred Nine
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Using the Business Policies and Procedures Manual 00.02
This new section provides a brief guide to using the WSU Business Policies and Procedures Manual (BPPM).
Merchandise and Consumable Inventories 20.53
A department conducting a merchandise inventory is to assign a value to each inventoried item based upon acquisition or production cost.
Accounts Receivable 30.56
University Receivables has made the following changes:
- Departments are responsible for collection fees for receivables which are 150 days or more past due.
- University Receivables has clarified the review process for write-offs and the procedures for preparing monthly department receivables reports.
- Departments may request approval for the use of an independent receivables system if the Billing Receivables System (BRS) does not meet departmental business requirements.
Determining Pay Status–Employee or Contractor 60.01
Payroll Services has updated the discussion of the factors for determining the type of payee relationship and payee status to be established between the University and a service provider.
Purchasing Card 70.08
This revision specifically prohibits the use of a purchasing card to make purchases from a hotel or motel during travel.
The use of a purchasing card to make purchases from a restaurant is prohibited unless the purchase is for light refreshments and processed in accordance with BPPM 70.31.
A printed out web receipt or a confirmation e-mail is now acceptable as documentation of an online purchase.
This revision includes additional instructions for managing lost or missing purchasing cards.
All-University Records Retention Schedules: Property Management Records 90.01.38-39
Procedures and Forms has moved the following records series to the All-University schedule for Property Management Records from the Accounting/Fiscal Records schedule 90.01.15-20:
- Federal Excess Property File
- Inventory Control Report–Record Copy (WSU 1033)
- Inventory Control Report–Surplused Items (WSU 1033)
- Property Inventory Cards
Note to users who maintain paper copies of the BPPM: Because we added a page to the PDF version of the retention schedule for Property Management Records, the page numbers of the subsequent All-University Schedules have been changed.
Imaging University Records 90.21
This new section provides University and state requirements for implementing and operating a document imaging system.
Name Changes and Name Coding Conventions 90.75
Payroll Services has updated the procedures for requesting a change of name.