BPPM Revision Memorandum
April 17, 2003
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Two Hundred Twenty-Eight
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Temporary Employment Program 60.26
This revision updates the procedures for departments to obtain notices of the conditions for temporary employment through the new online Temporary Employment System (TEMPS). Also, the Campus Student and Hourly Employment Office (CSHEO) clarifies the temporary employment restrictions and procedures for faculty, administrative/professional, and classified staff employees.
Temporary Employment Processing 60.27
The name of this section is changed from Temporary Employment Forms.
- Adds procedures for creating and updating temporary employment positions and appointments through the new online TEMPS web application.
- Updates procedures for obtaining notices of the conditions for temporary employment.
- Updates the Conditions for Temporary Employment form. Central Stores no longer distributes a paper version of the form. A PDF version of the form is available on 60.27.13 for users who do not have access to the form in the online TEMPS.
- Updates the Temporary Employment Orientation Checklist on 60.27.12.
Faculty Timecard 60.42
This revision updates the procedures for departments to create and change faculty timecard appointments using the new online TEMPS web application.
Travel Payments from Third Parties 95.16
- Adds a prohibition against the third party directly reimbursing the traveler.
- Adds reimbursement limits for travel supported by third parties in accordance with the State Administrative and Accounting Manual (SAAM).
- Adds a method for depositing overpayments when WSU did not support any travel expenditures.
- Provides examples for documenting third-party travel.