BPPM Revision Memorandum
October 27, 2005
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Two Hundred Sixty-Eight
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Use of Washington State University Name and Trademarks 35.10
This revision updates the requirements for use of University trademarks, in accordance with the University trademark policy. The changes include:
- Trademark definitions
- Commercial use definitions and restrictions
- Activities exempt from licensing
- Product and Art Approval Committee responsibilities
- Compliance and criminal penalties
- Trademark protection for University programs
Cost Determination Guidelines 40.09
This revision provides additional material from OMB Circular A-21.
Cellular Telephones 85.45
This revision provides advice regarding the personal use of University cell phones and encourages departments to use state contracts when available. University departments are to monitor cell phone usage.
All-University Records Retention Schedule: Sponsored Project Records 90.01.48-49
This revision updates the following records series:
- Cost Sharing Effort Inquiry Request (WSU 1288)
- Sponsored Project Allocation Notice
All-University Records Retention Schedule: Student Records 90.01.50-52
This revision adds the following records series to the All-University Records Retention Schedule:
- Course History Files
- Official Academic Records System (OARS)–Enrollment Data
- Official Academic Records System (OARS)–Student Data
Note to users who maintain paper copies of the BPPM: Because we added a page to the PDF version of the retention schedule for Student Records, the page number of the subsequent retention schedule for Travel Forms Used Campus-Wide is changed to 90.01.53.
Travel Rates 95.19
Effective October 1, 2005, the high cost meal rates in the continental U.S. are increased, in accordance with OFM regulations.