BPPM Revision Memorandum
December 13, 2006
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Two Hundred Ninety-One
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Revenue Sources and Subsources 30.54
This revision updates the procedures for users to view a complete list of valid source and subsource codes.
Reasonable Accommodation 60.21
This new section provides policy, requirements, and procedures for reasonable accommodation to enable equal opportunity to University services, programs, and employment for individuals with disabilities. Applicable forms are included.
Tuition Waivers–Fall and Spring Semesters 60.70
- Updates the requirements for obtaining an instructor’s approval on the Tuition Fee Waiver Request;
- Adds requirements for obtaining the academic chair’s approval; and
- Clarifies the requirement for approval by the employee’s department or unit head.
Unemployment Compensation Claims 60.79
This revision updates the examples of unemployment compensation claim documents.
Funding Departmental and Research Project Equipment Maintenance 80.58
This revision adds procedures and funding requirements for departments which request equipment for a specific departmental use. The funding requirements for research project maintenance are also updated.
Facilities Operations assigns an equipment number to each piece of equipment ordered. Maintenance costs are assigned and may be tracked by equipment number.
The title of this section is changed from Funding Research Project Equipment Maintenance.
Accessing Administrative Information Systems 85.33
- Updates the departmental procedures for requesting changes or terminations to AIS access authorizations;
- Discontinues the AIS application, JOBLOG; and
- Changes the administrative office responsible for the Service Order System (SOS) from Facilities Operations to Housing and Dining Maintenance Services.