BPPM Revision Memorandum
May 4, 2007
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Two Hundred Ninety-Seven
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Payment Upon Separation of Employment 55.49
This revision updates the procedure for employees to provide address changes.
Temporary Employment Processing 60.27
Responsibility for temporary employment job postings and applications has been transferred from Human Resource Services to the Student Employment Center division of the Office of Financial Aid and Career Services.
- Updates the approval and training requirements for employees to use the Temporary Employment System (TEMPS).
- Updates the procedures for departments to post temporary employment job announcements.
- Updates the procedures for prospective employees to obtain and complete temporary employment applications.
Temporary employees report hours on either a Daily Activity Report, time card, or alternate time/piece record approved by HRS.
Tuition Waivers–Fall and Spring Semesters 60.70
USDA faculty and staff employed at WSU locations are no longer eligible for tuition fee waivers.
Summer Educational Benefits 60.73
USDA faculty and staff employed at WSU locations are no longer eligible to enroll in academic courses without paying fees.
Allowable Purchases (By Program) 70.03
- Changes the description of allowable and unallowable purchases from 17C accounts.
- Adds capital funds to the list of programs.
- Adds direct charges for administrative or clerical support to the nonallowable examples for programs 11-14.