BPPM Revision Memorandum
October 4, 2007
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Six
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Form: Gift Payroll Deduction 30.70.16
This form revision adds an instruction to specify the paycheck date to begin the gift payroll deduction.
Departmental Payroll Processing 55.22
- Updates the list of earnings type codes.
- Adds a requirement and procedures for departments to retain an electronic or paper copy of the PEAR (Payroll Expenditure Audit Report) data plus comments record format in the Document download file type. The department is to retain these records in accordance with University records retention requirements.
- The department may download the PEAR data in the Spreadsheet file format for internal recordkeeping purposes.
- Updates the procedures for routing requests for access to HEPPS (Higher Education Personnel Payroll System).
Cellular Telephone Allowance Payments 55.70
This housekeeping revision corrects the definition of the earnings type code CPF to clarify that the earnings type is used for employees on federal retirement.
Personnel Action 60.25
This housekeeping revision removes the paper version of the Personnel Action Form and replaces it with a PDF version of the form, which may be completed and/or printed from 60.25.49 as needed.
The FileMaker Pro version of the Personnel Action Form remains available through the Procedures Records, and Forms FileMaker Forms website at:
Shipping Services 80.15
This revision updates the procedures for tracking incoming and outgoing freight shipments.
Information Technology Computing Invoice and Usage Reports 85.34
This revision updates:
- The definitions of terms used in Information Technology Services (ITS) computing invoice and usage reports;
- The names of the reports involved;
- The contact offices for obtaining current price schedules; and
- The name of the administering office.
The title of this section is changed from Information Technology Billing and Usage Reports.
All-University Records Retention Schedule: Payroll and Personnel Records Used Campus-Wide 90.01.30-37
This revision updates the departmental retention requirements for Leave Reports.