BPPM Revision Memorandum
December 21, 2007
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Manager|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Twelve
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Surplus Property 20.76
- Updates the procedures for reporting and submitting surplus property.
- Adds policy and procedures for reporting potentially hazardous items.
- Updates the Surplus Property Report (see 20.76.11).
Contaminated Surplus Property 20.77
Prior to offering University property items for surplus, departments must evaluate and label the items for the presence of hazards. Surplus Stores personnel collect only items which are labeled with a completed Item Evaluation form and have been properly decontaminated, as necessary. (See 20.77.4.)
This new section :
- Provides procedures for evaluating, identifying, and handling items which may contain hazardous contaminants or components prior to surplus collection.
- Includes appendices regarding types of contamination which may be present in items to be surplused.
- Includes resources for assistance with evaluation and decontamination.
Contracts and Leases for Goods and Services 70.21
This revision updates the requirements for establishing contracts and/or leases for goods and services.
Accessing Administrative Information Systems 85.33
- Discontinues the three-part paper version of the AIS Access Request form and replaces it with a PDF version and a FileMaker Pro (automated) version. The routing instructions are updated accordingly.
- Requires each employee receiving access to the BRS (Billing Receivables System), OARS (Official Academic Records System), and/or SRTS (Student Records Transcript System) to complete student records privacy training at least once every three years.
- Updates the access instructions for the Central Stores Ordering (CSO) system. The browser-based CSO system links internally to the SCBAIMS (Service Center Billing System) application to verify that employees are authorized for Central Stores purchases. As such, AIS access for SCBAIMS is still required for purchase authorization.
- Adds requesting employee title and position number fields to the form.
- Updates the routing and approval instructions for requesting access to HEPPS (Higher Education Personnel Payroll System) functions.
- Adds instructions for requesting access to the HADARS (Housing and Dining Accounts Receivable System).
Form: Network Services Account Request 85.37.5
This housekeeping change removes an obsolete notation associating the “Exception to Policy” statement with the field for requesting a change to an AIS ID number.