BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||December 15, 2008|
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Director|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Thirty-Two
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Staffing During Suspended Operations or Emergency Closures 60.40
This revision clarifies the requirements and procedures regarding staffing during periods of suspended operations or emergency closures.
The title of this section is changed from Staffing During Emergency Closures.
Faculty and Administrative Professional Personnel Leave 60.56 and
Civil Service Employee Leave 60.57
Both sections are revised to:
- Clarify the procedures regarding use of leave due to suspended operations, inclement weather, or an unanticipated circumstance lasting less than a week that requires an employee to remain at home.
- Increase the maximum period of paid military leave from 15 days to 21 days per year.
- Add procedures regarding leave for spouses of members of the military.
- Add procedures for leave to care for qualifying individual who is suffering from a serious injury or illness arising from injuries incurred in the line of duty in the armed forces of the U.S.
- Add procedures for leave for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.