BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||June 9, 2009|
|FROM:||Ralph Jenks, Director|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Forty-Two
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Delegation of Contractual Authority 10.10
This revision adds a procedure for removing contractual authority delegation.
Cash Handling 30.53
This minor amendment:
- Directs questions regarding the status of registered student organization (RSO) accounts to the designated offices at each campus which are responsible for providing financial services to RSOs.
- Updates the procedure for obtaining the correct sales tax rate.
- Updates the Cashier’s Section location and hours.
- Removes discontinued procedures regarding emergency postage stamp purchases.
Commercial Bank Accounts 30.65
This minor amendment updates the requirements and procedures regarding the use of commercial bank accounts.
Recruitment for Classified Positions 60.18
This revision includes the following updates:
- WSU Pullman Human Resource Services (HRS) is responsible for overseeing all recruitment activities for classified positions at all WSU locations systemwide.
- Departments are to submit personnel actions through the online Personnel/Position/Payroll Electronic Routing Management System (PERMS).
Project Employment–Civil Service 60.23
WSU Pullman HRS is responsible for overseeing and approving project employment status for positions at all WSU locations systemwide.
Probationary and Trial Service Periods for Civil Service Employees 60.31
WSU Pullman HRS is responsible for overseeing and approving personnel actions including separations for probationary and trial service employees at all WSU locations systemwide.
Telework Agreements 60.34
This revision updates the policy and procedures for developing telework arrangements.
Layoff–Civil Service Employees 60.37
WSU Pullman HRS is responsible for overseeing and approving layoff processes at all WSU locations systemwide..
Faculty Timecard 60.42
The online TEMPS is updated to automatically route faculty timecard appointments created to pay extra compensation from sponsored project (grant) funds to Sponsored Program Services for approval.
Overtime-Eligible Employees 60.59
This revision provides for exceptions approved by the appointing authority when compensatory time cannot be cashed out at the end of the biennium.
Using Registered Student Organization Accounts 70.18
This revision updates the procedures for RSOs to set up, use, and manage accounts for making purchases from WSU and non-WSU vendors and individuals.
Each campus designates an office to serve as the financial services office. This designated office administers, monitors, and is the point of contact for campus RSO accounts.
The title of this section is changed from Faculty, Student, and Alumni Account Purchases.
University Records–Retention and Disposition 90.01
This revision includes housekeeping and editorial changes and the addition of the new state requirement regarding electronic records. The information regarding disposal of paper records is abbreviated and includes a link to the Waste Management website.
All-University Records Retention Schedules:
The following records retention schedules have been updated:
Administrative–General Office Operations 90.01.12-14
- Complaints, Policy or Procedural
- Project Files
Accounting/Fiscal Records 90.01.15-20
- Banking Records
- Billing Receivables System (BRS)
- Credit Card Refund Voucher
- Credit Card Transaction Records–Electronically-Processed
- Credit Card Transaction Records–Manually-Processed
- Gift Transmittal and Acknowledgement Files
- Past-Due and Delinquent Account Notices–Payment Not Received
- Past-Due and Delinquent Account Notices–Payment Received
- Requests and Approvals for Write-Off of Uncollected Accounts
- Uncollected Accounts
Payroll/Personnel Records Used Campus-Wide 90.01.30-38
- Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9)
- Personnel Record Folders
- Personnel Record Folders–Long-Term Retention
Public Affairs and Public Disclosure Records 90.01.40-41
- Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Forms–No Accident Claim (Under 18 Years)
- Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Forms–No Accident Claim (18 Years or Over)
- Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Forms–With Accident Claim
Sponsored Project Records 90.01.50-51
- Effort Certification Report
- Grants Received by the University (Dept. Copy)