BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||December 22, 2010|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Seventy-One
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Employing Non-U.S. Citizens 60.05
State law requires that the University provide a disclosure statement to each worker who is a non-U.S. citizen and who comes to the state of Washington based upon an offer of employment. This requirement does not apply to those workers who hold H-1B visas. This minor amendment describes this requirement and includes procedures regarding obtaining and completing the Foreign Worker Disclosure Statement.
The amendment also updates the federal employment restrictions for aliens holding E-3 status.
Recruitment and Selection of Faculty Personnel 60.11
- Updates the procedures for creating, changing, and recruiting for faculty positions and appointments.
- Documents the move of the responsibility for the faculty recruitment process from the Office for Equal Opportunity (OEO) to Human Resource Services (HRS).
- Changes the title of this section from Selecting Faculty Personnel.
Employee Departure Procedures 60.74
This revision removes the requirement for departments to send separating employees to HRS for counseling regarding benefits and retirement income. Employees may contact HRS for such counseling, but it is not required.
Outgoing Mail 80.24
To reflect current practices, this minor amendment:
- Removes procedures for obtaining U.S. postage stamps from the Cashier’s Window at WSU Pullman.
- Updates the instructions for preparing mail and requesting mail services from campus mail offices at WSU Pullman, WSU Spokane, WSU Tri-Cities, and WSU Vancouver.
- Updates the information regarding domestic and international mail.