BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||January 30, 2013|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Four Hundred Nine
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Workplace Violence and Bullying 50.30
- Updates the University’s policy on workplace violence and clarifies and describes responsibilities and procedures for responding to and reporting incidents. The section includes a description of sanctions and consequences.
- Adds a policy on workplace bullying and describes responsibilities and procedures for responding to and reporting incidents.
Layoff–Civil Service Employees 60.37
This minor amendment updates the list of layoff units to change the name of Layoff Unit 17 from Center for Distance and Professional Education (CDPE) to Global Campus and to add new Layoff Unit 27 for departments, offices, and programs reporting to the Vice Provost for Health Sciences.
Staffing During Suspended Operations or Emergency Closures 60.40
- Clarifies that an employee must obtain prior approval from her or his supervisor for temporary telework.
- Updates the types of leave that classified, administrative professional (AP), and faculty employees who are not required to work may use or request to use for absences due to suspended operations, emergency closures, or inclement weather.
- Adds procedures regarding staffing during emergencies or under extraordinary conditions.
- Clarifies that the December closure period is not a period of suspended operations or emergency closure for purposes of this policy.
Faculty and Administrative Professional Personnel Leave 60.56
This revision updates the procedures regarding use of leave due to suspended operations, emergency closures, or inclement weather by AP and faculty employees..
Relocation Expense Overview 70.60
The nontaxable mileage expense rate for relocation expenses has been increased from $.235 per mile to $.24 per mile.
Travel Expense Voucher 95.20
The Affidavit of Lost Receipt is renamed the Receipt Affidavit. The revised form certification statement clarifies when the form is to be used. Travelers must submit Receipt Affidavits to Travel Services for lost, misplaced, missing, or inadequate receipts.