BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||September 22, 2014|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Four Hundred Thirty-Eight
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Invention Income Distribution 35.53
This minor amendment updates the description of the Commercialization Fund to clarify the sources of funding allocated to operational expenses and commercialization activities of the Office of Commercialization.
Lost and Found 50.48
This revision removes WSU Pullman building lost and found locations from the BPPM and refers Pullman users to the WSU Pullman police website for lost and found locations. Instructions and lost and found locations for WSU Tri-Cities and WSU Vancouver are also updated.
General Purchasing Information 70.01
- Updates the special procedures requirement to obtain approval to purchase furniture commodities requiring connections to the building or building utilities.
- Removes the reference to catalogs and directories provided by Purchasing Services. Such publications are available online.
- Removes the listing of special terms and conditions for federal grant-funded purchase. Users are directed to the Purchasing Services website for applicable links to such information.
Allowable Purchases (By Program) 70.03
This revision updates the examples of nonallowable purchases for program 01-10 funds.
Department Orders 70.07
This revision updates the list of prohibited purchases to indicate that furniture requiring connections to the building or building utilities must be purchased through Facilities Services, Operations.
Capital equipment is added to the list of goods and services which may not be purchased with Department Orders.
Purchasing Card 70.08
This revision updates the:
- Cardholder, card reconciler, and approving official responsibilities;
- Training requirements and access procedures;
- Procedures for using and reconciling purchasing cards;
- Prohibited purchases list;
- Procedures for reviewing and reconciling transactions; and
- Purchasing Card Application (70.08.21-23) and Purchasing Card Change Request (70.08.25) forms
The revision also removes the:
- Purchasing Cardholder Agreement and Roles and Responsibilities Agreement forms. The agreements are added to the application form.
- Appendix: Purchasing Card Reconciliation Report Instructions. A link is added to direct users to the Purchasing Services PaymentNet4 Guidelines website to obtain copies of the reconciliation report. (See: http://go.wsu.edu/pcard.)
Departmental Requisition 70.10
- Updates the requirement for routing requests to purchase furniture requiring connections to a building or building utilities.
- Adds a stipulation that departments may not use direct buy methods to purchase capitalized equipment.
Minor Construction, Renovation, Remodeling, and Demolition 80.56
This revision clarifies the requirement for routing requests for purchases of furniture improvements requiring connections for buildings or building utilities through Facilities Services.