BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||June 4, 2015|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Four Hundred Fifty
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Temporary Employment Program 60.26
- Adds policy stating that laid-off civil service or collective bargaining unit employees may not be replaced by student or temporary employees.
- Updates definition of a student employee.
- Adds policy requiring that departments provide notice of conditions of employment and Affordable Care Act notifications to student and nonstudent temporary employees.
- Updates procedures for nonstudent temporary employees to pursue remedial action for violations of temporary employment hours limitations.
- Updates insurance benefit eligibility requirements for nonstudent temporary employees.
- Adds temporary employee participation in the Voluntary Investment Program.
- Updates policy for employing minors.
Temporary Employment Processing 60.27
- Updates procedures for posting job announcements and viewing temporary/hourly job listings.
- Updates procedures for providing employees with employment orientation information.
- Adds a checkbox to the Temporary Employee Orientation Checklist form indicating that the supervisor has provided the new employee with a copy of the Affordable Care Act Employer Notification and Plan Information document.
Buying Meals or Light Refreshments for Meetings 70.31
This revision updates purchasing card policy for purchasing meals and beverages.
Courier Services 80.18
This revision adds WSU North Puget Sound (Everett) as a courier location. The revision also clarifies that the College of Nursing courier stop is now on the WSU Spokane campus.