BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||July 8, 2015|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Four Hundred Fifty-One
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Merchandise and Consumable Inventories 20.53
This revision increases the inventory control point from $25,000 to $50,000, in accordance with state regulations.
Printing Services 80.05
- Revises the University Communications web navigation instructions to reflect current website navigation.
- Updates CougarCopies locations and hours, and description of services offered.
- Adds information about the “Peace of Mind” program.
- Clarifies approval process for applying University brand standards to printed material.
- Removes “disks” as an option to submit electronic files to University Communications.
Accessing Administrative Information Systems 85.33
- Removes the requirement for a department to have been assigned an ITS procedure number in order to use the mainframe computer.
- Removes the PAPR: Electronic Departmental Requisition application from the list of AIS applications and from the table of approving administrative offices.
- Removes the DARS: Degree Audit and Reporting System and the SOS: Service Order System applications from the table of approving administrative offices.
- Adds notes indicating the following applications now contain historical data only:
- BRS: Billing Receivables System
- FINAID: Financial Aid and Scholarship System
- HADARS: Housing and Dining Accounts Receivable System
- OARS: Official Academic Records System
- SRTS: Student Records Transcript System
Privately-Owned, Rented, or Chartered Aircraft 95.30
- Removes reference to the obsolete aircraft policy formerly included in the State Administrative and Accounting Manual (SAAM).
- Removes reference to the Travel Authority routing process when using privately-owned aircraft.
- Removes instructions for completing a Department Order for aircraft rentals or charters, and for using a department credit card for fuel expenses.
- Adds information about insurance coverage limitations for WSU employees acting in the capacity of aircraft pilot or crew member.
- Adds notes requiring each passenger’s name and relationship to WSU for a trip authorization.
- Outlines the Purchasing Services approval process for aircraft rentals or charters.