BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||November 13, 2015|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Four Hundred Sixty-One
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Incentive Payments to Research Participants 45.53
This new section provides procedures and forms for the processing, funding, and reporting of incentive payments to research participants.
General Purchasing Information 70.01
- Clarifies that some sole source purchase requests may not require a sole source memo.
- Updates the definition of “sole source” to align with the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services (DES) sole source contracting policy.
Acquisition of Computer Equipment, Services, or Software 70.24
- Adds a policy statement regarding possible WSU Information Technology Services (ITS) review of information technology related purchases of equipment, software, and cloud services in coordination with WSU Purchasing Services.
- Adds the following requirements:
- A department must submit an Information Services (IS) Review Questionnaire for Technology contracts and purchases along with a Department Requisition for purchases of $10,000 or over, and for purchases under $10,000 that require a signed contract or agreement.
- Purchases costing under $10,000 that do not require a signed contract or agreement, departments may select vendors without undergoing a sealed bid process.
- Purchases costing between $10,000 and $100,000 must go through a quote process.
- Purchases costing over $100,000 must undergo a sealed bid process.
- Clarifies that purchases over $10,000 that are prepared under approved state contracts do not undergo the quote or sealed bid processes.
- Updates references to current purchasing contracts and preferred provider agreements.
Ordering Alcoholic Beverages 70.29
- Removes references to buying liquor in state-owned liquor stores.
- Updates instructions for obtaining a special occasion license or banquet permit from the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB).
- Adds restrictions on out-of-state alcoholic beverage purchases.
- Updates the list of funding accounts that may be used to buy alcoholic beverages.
- Adds restrictions and exceptions for alcoholic beverages in the workplace.
- Clarifies that approval requests may need to go through campus administrators, as well as unit administrators.
- Updates the procedure for returning unused alcoholic beverages.
Gift Cards and Cash Equivalents Purchase and Use 70.44
This new section provides procedures for the purchase, maintenance, and use of gift cards and other cash equivalents.