BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||September 8, 2016|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Four Hundred Seventy-Seven — CORRECTED
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Using Discretionary 17A Accounts 70.33
- Directs departments to follow the procedures in BPPM 70.20 to request an employee reimbursement when the claimant is not in travel status.
- Adds the use of a purchasing card, in accordance with the procedures and restrictions in BPPM 70.08, as an allowable method of paying a vendor directly.
- Changes the cost limit for meals and refreshments at events.
- Adds a stipulation that use of 17A funds for meals and refreshments at routine faculty and staff meetings is not allowed.
- Removes the miscellaneous expense item “Research participant costs and study subject payments. Funds must first be transferred to a program 10 account.” NOTE: Use of 17A funds is still allowed for cash, gift certificates, or other tangible items that are given to participants in research projects.
- Adds procedures for requesting allowable cash advances.