BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||April 20, 2017|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Four Hundred Ninety
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Expenditure Transfers Between Funding Sources 30.25
- Updates the procedures for documenting requests for transfers of wage (01) expenditures.
- Allows Sponsored Programs Services to transfer a given expenditure more than once, on an exception basis.
Funding Departmental and Research Project Equipment Maintenance 80.58
- Adds department/project responsibility for ensuring that all equipment wired to building circuits or connected by power plug to building sockets/outlets is listed as compliant with National Electrical Code (NEC) provisions.
- Clarifies that Facilities Services–Operations provides maintenance support if Facilities Services shop personnel have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the work. Otherwise, departments may establish service contracts with vendors to conduct the maintenance.
- Adds a requirement for departments to obtain inventory numbers for equipment items, in accordance with the property inventory procedures in BPPM 20.50.
- Adds a procedure for departments to view maintenance charges through the online myFacilities portal.