BPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||August 1, 2019|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Five Hundred Thirty-Four
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Proposal Processing and Development 40.02
- Updates the procedures regarding coordination of deadlines with the Office of Research Support and Operations.
- Updates the procedures for obtaining additional information regarding proposals for grants supported by private sponsors.
- Updates website links throughout the section.
Personal Services Contracts 70.50
- Clarifies the requirements and procedures regarding issuing personal service contracts to WSU employees.
- Removes references to statutes, regulations, and requirements for obtaining approvals from the state Office of Financial Management for personal services contracts. This change is in accordance with current state practices.
- Updates applicable references and website links.
University Records–Retention and Disposition 90.01
- Clarifies the retention requirements applicable to scanned or imaged records.
- Updates the website link for submitting requests for inactive records storage space at WSU Pullman.
- Adds contact information for requests for inactive records storage space at WSU Everett.
- Adds contact information for assistance if records storage space is unavailable at a University campus, center, or station.
- Clarifies the procedures for deleting / destroying electronic files.
- Updates the following tables in the all-University records retention schedule:
- Accounting / Fiscal Records
- Information Services Records
- Payroll / Personnel Records
- Research and Sponsored Programs Records
- Safety Records
- Student Records
Archival Services 90.02
This revision adds requirements and procedures for departments regarding scanning records designated as “Archival” on the records retention schedule.
Name and Legal Sex Designation Changes and Name Coding Conventions 90.75
- Adds a Request for Change of Legal Sex Designation form to the section.
- Updates the list of acceptable Proof of Usage Documents and removes the SSN filed on the Request for Name Change form.
- Updates the resources to contact for questions about legal sex designation changes.
- Adds Payroll Services as the office to submit Request for Change of legal Sex Designation forms.