BOR Policy Manual Revision #13
December 14, 2022
The Washington State University Board of Regents have approved the following revision to the Board of Regents (BOR) Policy Manual.
Board of Regents Policy on Delegation of Authority BOR2
- Adds a disclaimer stating that the policy does not include every matter that must be brought to the Board of Regents (BOR).
- Adds language stating that only the BOR has authority to declare a financial exigency, upon recommendation of the President.
- Updates the BOR reserved authority regarding parking rates and fines in accordance with resolution #220121-650.
- Adds that the President has authority to approve centers, institutes, and laboratories in accordance with resolution #190503-604.
- Updates capital, real estate, and general contractual authority in accordance with resolution #190503-604.
- Increases legal settlement authority dollar amount in accordance with other contractual authority.
- Updates authority to issue debt in accordance with resolution #131122-465.
- Updates authority to sign operating agreements with affiliated entities.
- Modifies language to state that the President has authority to assign names to minor facilities, and names to indicate function to major facilities, academic units, and other organizational units.
- Resolutions affected by this revision:
- Adds #221118-669 (Delegation of Authority to Approve Time-Critical Contracts)
- Adds #131122-465 (WSU, Delegated Authority – Refunding Bonds)
- Removes #061020-303 (Recommendation to Delegate Limited Rule-Making Authority)
- Removes #131122-466 (WSU, Delegated Authority – Capital Project Threshold)
- Removes #170127-546 (Delegation of Authority to Execute Agreements Related to the Establishment of an International Student Center)
- Replaces #170127-543 (Delegation to Approve Settlement Agreements and Time-Sensitive Contract) with
#221118-668 (Delegation of Authority to Approve Settlements of Legal Claims)
- Replaces #170127-544 (Delegation to Approve Operating Agreements with WSU-Affiliated Entities) with
#221118-670 (Delegation of Authority to Approve Operating Agreements with Affiliated Entities)
- Replaces #170127-545 (Delegation to Assign Temporary Names to Major Facilities) with
#221118-671 (Delegation of Authority to Assign Names)
- Replaces #170127-539 (Delegation to Approve Revisions to Faculty Manual) with
#221118-672 (Delegation to Approve Revisions to Faculty Manual)
- Replaces #170127-540 (Delegation of Limited Rule-Making Authority) with
#221118-673 (Delegation of Limited Rule-Making Authority)
- Replaces #170127-541 (Delegation to Approve Degree Name Changes and Extension of Existing Degrees) with
#221118-674 (Delegation of Authority to Approve Degree Name Changes and Extension of Existing Degrees)