Records Retention and Disposition
All WSU personnel are responsible for retaining and disposing of University records in accordance with retention periods approved by the Washington State Records Committee. (RCW 40.14)
An approved records retention schedule specifies retention periods for public records and authorizes destruction or release to the University Archives. Records series titles held commonly by multiple departments are included in the All-University records retention schedule. Records series titles held by one department only are included on a department records retention schedule. See links to all schedules below.
To request changes to any records retention schedule, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 509-335-2005. See the most recent Summary of Changes (Oct. 2022).
- BPPM 90.01 University Records Retention and Disposition
- BPPM 90.02 Archival Services
- BPPM 90.03 Retention of Electronic Communications
- RCW 40.14 Preservation and Destruction of Public Records
- Managing State Agency Records (Washington State Archives)
* WSU NID required to view department schedules.