BPPM Revision #571
July 2, 2021
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Recruitment and Selection of Faculty Personnel 60.11
- Adds a subsection titled “Positions With Access to Personal Identifiable Information (PII).”
- Updates the Records Retention subsection.
Background Checks 60.16
This revision adds a subsection titled “Positions With Access to Personal Identifiable Information (PII).”
Recruitment and Selection of Administrative Professional Personnel 60.17
This revision updates the Background Check subsection.
Recruitment and Selection of Classified Positions 60.18
This revision adds a “Background Checks” subsection.
Layoff–Civil Service Employees 60.37
- Clarifies that Leave Without Pay (LWOP) is based on FTE.
- Adds an exception of LWOP deduction for time off due to COVID-19.
- Updates information for employees to determine the effects of being laid off.
Faculty and Administrative Professional Personnel Leave 60.56
This revision adds employee and manager/time keeper responsibilities for recording and approving time.
Civil Service Employee Leave 60.57
- Adds employee and manager/time keeper responsibilities for recording and approving time.
- Updates sick leave policy for new employees.
- Adds sick leave policies for separating employees.
Overtime-Eligible Employees 60.59
- Adds reference to overtime-eligible faculty throughout the section.
- Adds Washington State Minimum Wage Act as criteria for determining eligibility of positions for overtime compensation.
- Clarifies that overtime is compensated at time and one-half the hourly rate of pay.
- Adds sentence stating when the official WSU workweek begins and ends.
- Removes duplicate information in Overtime Compensation subsection.
- Moves Maximum Accumulation and Cash Out subsections from under Overtime Compensation to Compensatory Time Off.
- Clarifies the maximum accumulation of compensation policy.
- Adds “Departmental Guidelines” subsection.
WSU Holidays 60.76
- Removes the table showing WSU holidays and refers users to the HRS website for the holiday schedule.
- Removes reference to the Personnel Action form and BPPM 60.25 (both are removed from the BPPM).
- Moves the list of WSU locations as a subsection under “WSU Schedule.”