For more information contact:
Accounting for WSU Monies
All WSU monies are accounted for by the University Controller’s Office. All WSU organizations, departments, offices and agencies must deposit and maintain their funds with the Controller’s Office. NOTE: This includes all student organizations recognized by the Union Board. (WAC 504-28-010)
The Controller’s Office provides the following accounting functions:
- Cashier and deposit (see BPPM 30.52 and BPPM 30.53)
- Maintenance of University accounting records.
WSU monies include the following:
- State appropriations.
- Donations to WSU.
NOTE: Donations are initially routed to Advancement Services for receipting (see BPPM 30.70).
- Grant and contract payments.
- Revenues from sales or fee collections by WSU entities.
- Revenues from WSU self-sustaining operations and service centers.
- Recoveries of expenditure.
See BPPM 30.65 for information regarding monies maintained in commercial bank accounts.