Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Accounting for WSU Monies
For more information contact:
All WSU monies are accounted for by the University Controller’s Office. All WSU organizations, departments, offices and agencies must deposit and maintain their funds with the Controller’s Office. Note: This includes all student organizations recognized by the Union Board. (WAC 504-28-010)
The Controller’s Office provides the following accounting functions:
- Cashier and deposit (see BPPM 30.52 and BPPM 30.53)
- Maintenance of University accounting records.
WSU monies include the following:
- State appropriations.
- Donations to WSU.
Note: Donations are initially routed to Advancement Services for receipting (see BPPM 30.70).
- Grant and contract payments.
- Revenues from sales or fee collections by WSU entities.
- Revenues from WSU self-sustaining operations and service centers.
- Recoveries of expenditure.
See BPPM 30.65 for information regarding monies maintained in commercial bank accounts.
Revisions: January 2018 (Reviewed); Dec. 1987 (Rev. 69); Mar. 1983 – new policy (Rev. 51).