BPPM Revision #474
July 28, 2016
These BPPM revisions include the following changes:
Improper Governmental Actions (Whistleblower Act) 10.20
- Clarifies that the State Auditor’s Office must initiate an investigation in order for an employee who files an assertion of improper governmental action to be considered a whistleblower under the Whistleblower Act.
- Adds a summary of additional protection and reporting procedures that apply to whistleblower assertions related to federal grants and contracts, in accordance with National Institues of Health requirements.
- Adds the Dean of the WSU North Puget Sound at Everett campus to the list of WSU “public officials” for the purpose of submitting reports of improper governmental actions.
Tables: All-University Records Retention Schedule (90.01)
This revision updates various records series on the All-University Records Retention Schedule in accordance with changes requested by the State Records Committee. The revision also updates the overview of the University’s records retention and disposition requirements.
The All-University Records Retention Schedule is divided into 17 tables by functional group. Each of the tables in the All-University Records Retention Schedule includes changes:
- Administrative–Executive Level Records (Dean and above)
- Administrative–General Office Operations
- Accounting/Fiscal Records
- Information Services Records
- Legal Files
- Library Services Records
- Mail Services Records
- Payroll and Personnel Records
- Property Management Records
- Public Affairs and Public Disclosure Records
- Purchasing Records
- Records Management Files
- Research and Sponsored Projects Records
- Safety Records
- Security Records
- Student Records
- Travel Records