BPPM Revision #539
December 20, 2019
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Open Public Meeting Act Requirements 10.37
This new section:
- Provides an overview of the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA).
- Identifies the University bodies that are subject to the OPMA.
- Outlines procedures for complying with the OPMA.
- Provides training requirements for members of governing bodies and applicable committees.
Workplace Violence 50.30
- Removes the option for storage of employee firearms at the WSU Police Department.
- Updates the employee/manager/supervisor responsibilities regarding reporting and investigation of incidents.
- Adds a contact telephone number to request further information regarding the state Employee Assistance Program resources.
Relocation Compensation 55.62
This revision allows for relocation compensation to also be authorized when the move of an existing WSU employee to another WSU campus or location is in the best interest of the University.
Classification and Reclassification 60.02
- Adds requirements and procedures for requesting a review of information technology related positions for placement within the information technology professional structure (ITPS), in accordance with new state civil service rules. (WAC 357-13-058)
- Adds links to applicable ITPS-related guidelines and forms available from the Office of Financial Management.