BPPM Revision #573
July 30, 2021
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Cash Awards to WSU Employees 55.56
- Updates the procedure for creating a one-time payment in Workday for a cash award.
- Removes specific tax deduction information and examples.
- Adds a process to follow if the award is confidential.
Relocation Compensation 55.62
- Adds reference to WAC 357-28-310 stating that HRS, in collaboration with the President’s Office is required to authorize relocation compensation for civil service employees.
- Updates source funding account coding information in accordance with Workday worktags.
- Adds a note that departments may choose “gross up” method to cover taxes for employee.
- Clarifies that completed relocation compensation forms are retained at the department level and removes the instructions for routing the form to Payroll.
- Removes reference to the Personnel Action form.
- Adds a reference to BPPM 70.03 for source funding functions.
- Removes information about withholding tax from relocation compensation
- Updates the Relocation Compensation Request form with a signature box for HRS authorization and Workday worktags for account identification.
University Purchases from State Employees 70.15
- Changes the contact for questions from Internal Auditor to Ethics Compiance Advisor.
- Clarifies the meaning of “assisting transactions” in regards to RCW 42.52.040.
- Updates the web URL for EEB Contracting with State Agencies website.
- Removes Internal Audit as co-owner of section.
This revision includes the following changes to the Safety Records Retention and Disposition table as approved by the State Records Committee on June 5, 2021:
- Compost and Solid Waste Handling Facility Records (DAN 10-12-62325) – Replaced “WAC 173-350-220” with “WAC 173-350-220(6)(d)” in description.
- Drinking Water Bacteriological Data (DAN 00-07-59791) – Moved from Safety Records to EH&S department schedule.
- Drinking Water Chemical Analysis Data (DAN 11-02-62415) – Moved from Safety Records to EH&S department schedule.
- Drinking Water Chlorination Reports (DAN 00-07-59788) – Removed “and fluoridation” from title and description.
- Drinking Water Systems Surveys and Special Purpose Investigation Reports (DAN 00-07-59789) – Added “and WAC 246-290-485” to description.
- On-Site Sewage System Permits (DAN 00-07-59785) – Added “Records retention requirement in accordance with WAC 246-272A-0200 and WAC 346-272B-02700” to description.