BPPM Revision #597
November 21, 2022
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Withholding Federal and State Income Taxes 55.10
- Updates the requirements and procedures regarding federal withholding tax.
- Adds requirements and procedures for the withholding of applicable state taxes, depending on employee home location.
- Changes the title of this section from Withholding Federal Income Tax (W-4 Form).
Payment Upon Separation of Employment 55.49
- Updates the procedure regarding deduction of income tax to include state withholding tax, if applicable.
- Updates the procedures regarding inclusion of sick leave earnings in either a VEBA MEP account or sick leave payment as part of the final paycheck.
- Changes the references regarding “medical expenses” to “health expenses” as related to the definition of a VEBA MEP account.
- Updates the procedures regarding address changes and obtaining final paychecks and copies of pay slips and W-2s.