Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Chapter 30: Finance
State of Washington Invoice Voucher
For more information contact:
State agencies, including WSU, use the State of Washington Invoice Voucher to substantiate and authorize payment when purchase orders or field orders are not used. (SAAM 85.32.30.a)
University departments process the following transactions with a State of Washington Invoice Voucher:
- Reimbursement of petty cash funds (see BPPM 30.50).
- Refund of a purchase paid by cash or check (see BPPM 30.55 and BPPM 30.59).
- Payment to an outside supplier (see BPPM 70.16, BPPM 80.24, and SPPM 3.16).
- Payment to a contractor, when a printed invoice is not available (see BPPM 70.21 and 70.50).
- Fee payment for a speaker or conference participant (see BPPM 95.25).
- Purchase of alcoholic beverages from the Washington State Liquor Store (see BPPM 70.29).
- Cash advance (see BPPM 40.21).
The form may be used for other transactions as appropriate.
Revisions: February 2021 (Rev. 563); July 2007 – new policy ( Rev. 300).