SPPM Revision Memorandum
|DATE:||September 12, 2017|
|FROM:||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
|SUBJECT:||Safety Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number One Hundred Fourteen
This SPPM revision includes the following changes:
Hearing Conservation 3.21
- Adds a requirement regarding the posting of warning signs at the entrances of areas where noise may exceed 115 decibels.
- Removes the requirement of posting a copy of the state hearing regulations (WAC 296-817-20015) on safety bulletin boards.
Chemical Hazard Communication Program 5.10
- Updates the name of the Safety Data Sheet (formerly Material Safety Data Sheet) in accordance with current state standards.
- Adds information requirements for chemical container labels.
- Clarifies the definitions of the terms laboratory and physical hazard, as applicable to this policy.
- Clarifies that written Chemical Hygiene Plans for laboratories are to be laboratory-specific.
- Removes the word “Caution” as a signal word for use on container labels.