BPPM Revision #484
January 3, 2017
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Accounts Receivable 30.56
This minor amendment:
- Clarifies the guidelines regarding the review and approval of write-offs of amounts of undergraduate resident tuition.
- Updates system and officer names to reflect current practices.
Withholding Federal Income Tax (W-4 Form) 55.10
To reflect current practices, this minor amendment removes information regarding Payroll Services updating employee addresses based on W-4 Forms.
Relocation Expense Overview 70.60
This revision decreases the nontaxable mileage expense rate for relocation expenses (effective January 1, 2017) from $.19 to $.17 per mile in accordance with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations.
Recycling and Waste Minimization 80.80
- Expands the policy to include waste minimization, along with reuse and recycling of waste materials.
- Updates and expands the procedures for recycling waste materials at WSU Pullman.
- Updates the contact information and webpage links for departments that provide recycling services at various WSU campuses.
- Changes the section title from “Recycling.”
Travel Rates 95.19
This revision decreases the motor vehicle mileage rate (effective January 1, 2017) from $.54 to $.535 per mile in accordance with updated Office of Financial Management (OFM) regulations.